Wednesday 20 January 2010

vellum paper and clay bead bangle

This paper bangle has been made hundreds of times,instructions can be found on the inernet.Its made of several folded units then each unit is joined together.For some reason I have never had a go at making one until now. This bangle is made of pretend vellum,its actually a posh printer paper but is very nice to work with.Its fairly heavy weight and holds a lovely crisp edge and comes in ivory or gold,my example uses the ivory colour with some reclaimed ceramic beads of the same colour.I also made a pendant and some earrings out of the same paper.
I have seen some lovely examples of these paper bangles on flickr made by the highly talented Francesca Vitali also known as Frucci of Frucci design ,its well woth taking a look at her other remarkable work too,she also sells on etsy.I shall post an image very soon,its going to be hard choosing though as all her work is fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment